Saturday, August 28, 2010

I have Arrived

I have made it safe and sound to Australia! Praise Jesus! The flight went well, I sat next to a couple that lives in Australia and they were supper sweet. Shortly after we took off they moved seats and I was able to lay down the entire 14 hour plane ride! I slept pretty much the entire flight which was a blessing! I was picked up at the airport and waited for two others to get there. There are many people from different countries from Germany, Holland, Fiji, US, and some native Australians. I can say that these next few months will stretch me in ways that I never though possible. The last few days have pretty much run together it has been a very busy hectic last couple days..I have bad jet leg and want to sleep all the days! Today the 28 or 27 your time (which by the way It weirds me out that I am awake while you are sleeping).I had a full day of orientation and my brain is over loaded with information. I will be learning how to skate board, surf and also learn some basic phrases and words in different languages. I am going to Hill song Church tomorrow and am pretty excited about that! A few things you can pray for me is homesickness and fear and anxiety of what the Lord is going to do. I can not tell you how comforted and blessed I am to know I have a great support system at home! I know this is just a quick update, but I will be giving more of an update as soon as I get into my schedule. Thank you for your prayers! Will talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    So glad to read that you made it safely! I will definitely pray that God relieves your homesickness, fear and anxiety. God loves you and is faithful! He will guide you through this!! I will be getting in touch with Durham Partridge and his family soon to see if y'all can meet! They are wonderful and love Jesus so much!
    Love and hugs,
    Sarah M.

    ReplyDelete